Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Next Treatment...

My next treatment will be this Thursday on July 9th. Then it will be every other Thursday after that for the next six months. We should also know which stage I’m at with this. If you didn’t know the tests I had to take were lymph node biopsy, blood work, PET scan, bone marrow biopsy, lung test, and x-rays.

This last week I have been feeling all right. I would catch myself laying down after I get home from work and passing out for a couple hours. Usually my shoulders and muscles have been feeling soar and once in a while I’ll feel a little dizzy by the end of the day. My left arm where they had put the Chemo in has been hurting. Almost like it was smashed in a car door. But I started drinking a ton of water and the pain began to go away. It was like my arm was telling me to drink more water. So, lately I been drinking like a fish and my arm pain has just about gone away. I had told the Doctors about the pain and they said it is a side affect of one of the drugs they used. I guess its some really strong stuff. Since I have been feeling not as bad I would sometimes forget that I have cancer. I would start doing more things around the house and almost get excited. Then all of a sudden my body will remind to slow down.

I will let everyone know how my next treatment went and until then stay cool. Literally!

But I did manage to wear a bow tie this weekend! So i guess i wasn't feeling that bad...





5 comments:

  1. You guys make a cute pair! Hope you were able to enjoy some 4th of July activities together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY Jason i just know things will get better for you its just a matter of time and having Lorraine by your side will do wonders she is a great wife and you know i'm always around the corner too I'll see you on thursday and by the way you looked so handsome with your bow tie I love you both. LOVE MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jason & Lorraine, You two are truly an inspiration to what unconditional love is! My family will pray that...God of patience and comfort grant us(you both) to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus(Romans 15:5) We pray that your
    commitment to each other will grow stronger and more passionate every day, for you are truly showing us all the strength and love that is in your hearts. :) Shammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jason, Psalm 84.11 says... the Lord will give grace and glory...God has shown his grace in comforting and instructing, sanctifying and directing. and the glory that will follow, it shall be a sight to see! for you see Jason, it is the outcome that we looking for, i love you both
    Randy (dad)

    ReplyDelete