Friday, July 24, 2009

Chemo #3 – Round 3

Since this was the first time using my Port I really didn’t know what to expect. They still have to poke the needle in your skin but instead they are actually poking it through the skin into the Port. The nurse says it feels like a bee sting. Because it was my first time they gave me three different numbing medicines to numb the skin around my port. The different ways they numbed my skin was an ice pack, numbing spray and a needle like the dentist. Next time I can have all of these again or different variations to make it more comfortable. I think I will just go for the numbing spray next time. The Port was much easier than them trying to find a vein like the previous times. Its like they are plugging in and pressing play. It was really easy and with no pain at all. Rupert was very cooperative.

Every time the day of Chemo they have me take a Benadryl and two Tylenol for the Bleomycin drug they give me. Those are the only pills I have to take that day. On day 2 and 3 after Chemo I have to take a pill called Zofran, which is for nausea 3 times a day. The day after Chemo I have to take my Immune booster shot called Neulasta. Before I take the shot and the following day I have to take a Benadryl, Zyrtec, and 2 Tylenol because the Neulasta can make you’re bones ache. This is because it is producing more of your good cells through your bone marrow. I can inject this shot myself at the house. Giving your self a shot is not very easy. I would be the worst drug addict if I had to do this everyday. I grab a piece of my belly fat and just before I push the needle in I count to three and then push it in my belly. The needle goes in so smoothly just like butter so you really don’t feel a thing. But watching the liquid go in as you push the needle is a weird feeling.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my beloved, Zofran! I just got off that 2 months ago for all my prego vomiting. I was extremely grateful for it although it made me irregular, which is never fun but WAY better than barfing brains out all day :) Hope it's treating you well too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason, i am glad that Rupert was cooperative, and the fact that this is three down the end is in sight,keep looking up. love you Randy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully Rupert will help make the treatments easier.( if thats possible) I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Rupert" sounds classy and one great friend! Hang in there big guy you are doing great! I know the Dodgers are coming back for a win...i can feel it....i hope! :) Take Care & God Bless. Shammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI JASON!!! Ruby just sent me your link! and i read the whole thing crying most of the time :) im a girl haha but thanks for this i think its very cool and will help a lot of people and your self family and friends, its good to know exactly what your going throught. i have heard of this cancer but never understood it fully and know i do. well good luck to you guys and ill be checkin on ya haha do you still plan to be santa this year? ashlie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gil, it's Kristy.

    I just want to wish you all the best. I admire your strength and attitude and I think those are key elements in helping you through this along with the support of your loving wife, family and friends. Take care, continue with those high spirits you have demonstrated on your blog and best wishes to you and Lorraine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hay Jay, we look at your blog every week. we are all still praying for you and Lorraine. You guys are in our thoughts too.
    Love you, Auntie Eva

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jason,
    Praying for you as go through your 4th Chemo today. Hope it all go very smooth. love Anna~

    ReplyDelete