Thursday, July 16, 2009

Losing My Hair

This past week has been very tiresome. My bones have been aching so I have been taking more naps and trying to take it easy. As expected last Saturday I started to lose my hair it began to really thin out a lot. I can pull out clumps of it very easy. Even if I just brush my hair with my hand a bunch of it comes out. I didn’t think it would come out this fast or easy.

I kind of have mixed feelings about shaving my head. I mean it shouldn’t be a big deal. If you think about it a lot of people have shaved heads and its only hair. I think it’s just the fact that the reason why I’m shaving my head is not because I want to or it’s the cool thing to do. Its almost like the reality that I am going through Chemotherapy is finally hitting me.

I know it will grow back soon enough and maybe I’ll get the nerve to finally grow a handlebar mustache that I always wanted (ha!). So, this Saturday we will be getting together at my sisters house to shave my head. A few people I know have also expressed interest to shave their head as well, which I think is damn cool. So, if you are in the area feel free to stop by. (No don’t worry; you’re not obligated to shave your head!)

7 comments:

  1. Jason, you're so great at graphic design. Are you sure you weren't a graphic designer in another life :) I'm impressed how you just whip things (like that flyer) up. Hope the shave party goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason you still have your sense of humor through all of this and that makes me feel really good your still going to be my handsome son since your were born just blink those green eyes, I Love YOU MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason when you are ready count me in on the handlebar party, or how about a fu man chu?
    see you saturday,love you Randy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you all the way Jason ! If you need me to go first to brake the ice I will if that will make you feel better, I will do it. Love you Anna (MOM)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jason, I love your approach to handling this small distraction in life. Your positive attitude and quiet strength have always been two qualities that I admired in you and they will get you through this without any hiccups. I'm glad to hear that things are going smooth and anxiously wait to see updates from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jason & Lorraine...have fun at the shaving party! Your hair will probably come back curly and will look cool with that handlebar mustache' but I don't think polyester is your thing. God Bless...Better Things are coming! Always in my thoughts and prayers.
    Love Diane
    Kenny & Ruby's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. How'd it go? Sorry we missed it! Love the flyer!!!

    ReplyDelete