Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 2 & 3 After Chemo

These last few days after my first chemo treatment haven’t been as bad as I imagined. I am mostly tired and my body feels sore. But lately I have been feeling a little nauseous so I have been taking these anti-nausea pills. I did manage to go to work, which I think helped. I am eating regularly but trying to stay away from foods that might upset my stomach. It is a strange feeling like something is taking over your body. Today I went to get my haircut at the local barbershop. I have been going there for about 6 years. Being that I will most likely lose my hair this was probably my last haircut for a while, we’ll see. I also went to tell my barber Tony about my diagnosis. He was very sad. He just gave me a hug and says to come by when I want to shave it off. Seeing him cry made me sad. Tony is one cool dude.

This haircut did make my day! Nothing like a good old fashioned cut. I plan on having a fun weekend with my Lorraine and my family!

I hope everyone does something fun this weekend!



10 comments:

  1. Jason you always look handsome when you get a haircut but you will always be handsome to me no matter what happens i'm glad you have Lorraine i don't know what you would do with out her she is the best daughter in-law you guys have fun this weekend love you both
    MOM.......................

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Lorraine is the best! Don't worry hair or no hair you are still my handsome big brother. Have a great weekend! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. jason thanks for sharing with all of us certainly we are blessed to have you and lorraine as part of our family . and you will beat it for god is a wonderful god we support you all the way do not hesitate to let us help you and lorraine in any way we can we love tooooooooooooooooooo much we will not let you go with this by yourself more than us there is god accept him and he says he will never leave you alone we will be able and even now we give god the glory! we want to be there for you jason love you grandma and grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason, I just want to say i love you and you are the most wonderful son in law. I cant imagine what your going through. We will all just have to have a shaving party so you wont feel alone. You are handsome no matter what!
    Love ya Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jason, this is Shammy & Cody, cousins of Randy & Anna. Hang is there big guy... you are very strong and looked great at the reunion! Our prayers are with you. Remember you are never alone, for you have sooo much family (extended family, that's us! : ) ) and friends that love you and care for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jason hope you had a good day today we will be with all the family this weekend at the wedding do'nt forget save me that slow dance you know our song love you up to the sky
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey gil hope all is going well. i'll keep you in my prayers. talk to you soon. if you get a chance shoot me an email: jason.litzinger@cobham.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Psalm 27:3 Though an army besiege me, my heart will NOT fear; though war break out against me, even then will I BE confident.

    Remember Dodgers Rock! Shammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gil! If you have to shave your head at least you're doing it at the best time of year - it'll help beat the summer heat! And I hear that when you do that it grows back even more lustrous! Please take care - I'll be sending you positive thoughts!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. handsome with or without hair! and it will come back even more gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete