Monday, December 21, 2009

Let’s get back to Livin’!

This last doctor’s visit was short and sweet. For once I didn’t have to do Chemo! The results of my last CAT scan came out great! The Doc says I am in remission and it didn’t detect anything. The reason I did a CAT scan and not a PET scan like the previous times before is because my insurance will only allow me to do a PET scan every three months. Since I did my last PET scan this last October I cant do another one until January. So, I will be doing another PET scan at the end of January. The PET scan is better at detecting the cancer and this should give me a more satisfying result. It’s kind of sad that Health insurance really dictates what the doctors can or cannot do.

After this next scan in January I will be going for checkups and scans every three months for the next two years. If the Hodgkin’s does come back it is most likely to come back within the first two years of remission. I will not have to do any more treatments and no more blood work every two weeks like I was doing. I feel like I have a fresh new start at life and can’t wait to start doing more things. With Chemo we really couldn’t plan anything and now I feel like we can move on with our lives. It was like our life was put on pause for these last six months and now it has restarted. Doc says it will take at least six months for the Chemo to wear off from my body. I will gradually feel better and my hair will grow back as the months go by. It is weird to try and get back to normal. Like going to dinner with friends was very exciting. Going to the record store and buying something for myself was an awesome feeling. You never know how much you miss these things and how normal they make you feel. I have been feeling tired by the end of the day and I been sleeping nicely. As for Rupert (my Mediport) it will really be up to me when I want to take it out. People can leave it in for years and live with it in case the cancer comes back. I’m not sure when I will take it out. I’m thinking I will wait a few months and see how these next scans come out. It only hurts when you press on it or rub against it and lay on it. It doesn’t look pretty but I can live with it for now.

I really believe I have beat this thing and Lorraine and I will live the life we dreamed of!

On a day that I would have had to do another round of Chemo we decided to go to Disneyland. Oh, it also happened to be my Birthday!

Hope everyone has a happy holiday!!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, a little belated from Richie and I. It's so great to read your last 2 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jason for keep us so inform about all this mess. But it has been so helpful to us to here it from your heart and how you feel. We will continue to pray for the best. I cant wait to see running,Hiking,fishing and and all that you love to do. I am glad Lorraine let you go to Disneyland. love you Anna (MOM)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brother, I am so glad you had such a happy birthday! Things are looking up and I hope nothing for the best for you and Lorraine. I love you both very much and I cant wait to go camping this summer with our camp leader because it's just not camping with out you! Good bye 2009 HELLO 2010!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. JASON I'M GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD BIRTHDAY AT DISNEYLAND AND A NICE DINNER AT MELISSA'S AND KENNYS YOUR SISTER MADE YOU A GOOD DINNER AT HER HOUSE WITH YOUR COUSINS WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A GOOD YEAR IN 2010 . I'M GLAD YOUR FEELING BETTER SO I WISH YOU AND LORRAINE THE BEST THIS YEAR AND ALWAYS MAYBE THIS SUMMER WE COULD GO TO THE BEACH AND RIDE OUR BIKES CAUSE YOU DO HAVE A COOL BIKE LOOKING FORWARD FOR A GOOD YEAR..............LOVE YOU YOUR MOM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday! Disneyland is always fun for all occasions. Wonderful news of your post. Best to you and Lorraine and have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete