Monday, November 16, 2009

Chemo #10 – Round 10

My tenth treatment was the worst! Just when you think it can’t be any worse it does. It knocked me down for a good five days after the treatment. I threw up more than a few times over the course of the weekend and felt like I was out at sea with my rowboat. After about the sixth day I felt better and good enough to go for more frequent walks. It’s amazing how horrible you feel one week and the next week you feel like a million bucks.

The good news is my hair is starting to grow a little. My hair never really went away but it thinned out quite a bit and stopped growing. My hair is no longer falling out and it seams darker now. The other part of the good news is that the Doc says that since I am responding so well to the treatments that I will NOT be doing any kind of radiation. All I have to do is finish up these 12 treatments and I’ll be on my way. Of course I will have to do a PET scan to give the final o.k. I know this will be it!

My last two treatments will be on November 19th and December 3rd.

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome news about not needing radiation! You & Lorraine are in our prayers always! Luv ya both!
    Joey & Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in their Jason after tomrrow its one more! as you can see from last Saturday you have a big cheering crowd, we all love you. Anna (MoM)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason my son you made it this far just like a champ you've always been. I pray everyday for you and wish you didn't have to do these last two but when your all done your going to have a big lift off your shoulders that's how i felt when i went threw all of this and it felt so good and life goes on and like always i will always be here for you always. I love you up to the sky and next year will be better ....... LOVE YOUR MOM................

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck with the last treatments Gil...Sorry to hear that you were so sick with the last one :(
    Brenda B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey big brother just wanted to tell you I love you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete