Sunday, October 25, 2009

Chemo #9 – Round 9

The day before my ninth treatment I went for a walk by myself and as I began walking I just started running. It wasn’t much but being that I haven’t ran in five months it was very refreshing. It was an exciting feeling doing something besides walking. Lately when I go in for treatment that morning I always feel like I’m going to throw up. When I’m sitting in the waiting area I think about what I am going to feel like the next day and it makes me feel sick. It’s something that I will not get used to.

We received the PET scan results and they came back negative. Which means that the scan didn’t detect any cancer. The Doc says the treatments are working 100% but I will have to still complete my last three treatments of Chemotherapy. Although I am very excited about the results, I really wont be satisfied until I am completely done with all this nonsense. It is my goal to focus on these last three treatments and finish these 12 rounds like a champ.

8 comments:

  1. Jason i am so happy with the results but i know you have to finish the treatments and you will be done before you know it and i think your a champ even though your 12 rounds aren't over and when this is all over i know your are going to run run run.. I Pray every night for you that you will feel good every day I Love You so much Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful news! You'll be running regularly before you know it. Hope the auction went well. Sorry we couldn't make it. Tell Lorraine if the size 4 TT dress is still available to contact me. I can do a silent internet bid on it still right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason,
    I wish I could take that sick feeling away from you. Even just for one day. Stay strong, three more.... You are almost there! Maybe next year we can do the mud run together. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason, It's great to hear your results came back on an awesome note! Though your uneasy/sick feelings still come and go, remember...This too shall pass! You ARE a Champ in everyone's eyes for hanging in there & staying strong. Our prayers are always with you & Lorraine lifting you up whenever you might need it! The fundraiser was fantastic & everyone had fun! It was great to see Lorraine there! God Bless, Shammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost there Gil, today you're running, tomorrow you'll be bench pressing and training MMA style. I joke, stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jason, Great Test Results, I know you will finish strong! Wishing you and Lorraine a good day and Blessed week.

    Love & Prayers
    Diane
    Bro-in-Law's Mom
    Ruby's MIL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jason, This is the greatness news. I know its been the looooongest summer ever. But you beat it and i am so proud of you. Your my Champ, my hero, My son-in-law. I love you Anna, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  8. so excited! Lolo text messaged me when you found out. Thrilled!!!
    keep on running!

    ReplyDelete