Monday, October 12, 2009

Chemo #8 – Round 8

Wow, I made it to eight treatments. I feel these treatments are finally getting to me. Even though the Chemo dosage is still the same as day one the days after seem to be more intense. This time around really beat me up for a good 7 days, which was not fun. Since I went on a Tuesday I missed a week of work and was in bed almost the whole time. There is really nothing to get rid of that feeling. The only thing that can get your mind off of it is falling asleep but I had a hard time doing that. Almost every night I would go to bed fairly early then I would lay there wide awake for about two hours. Then I would get up and walk around the house or sit on the couch listening to silence. Even when I would fall asleep it’s the kind of sleep that it feels like your still awake. I keep on dozing in and out of sleep waking up to every little noise. I feel the sleep is getting a little better but every night is different. Hopefully tonight is better than last night.

On Tuesday October 13th I will go for another PET Scan of my body to see where the cancer is. I believe it will be a good outcome. I guess I wish I will do the scan and the doc will say, “Son, you are cured! No more chemo for you! For your troubles we will give you a lifetime supply of bubble gum!” and then a giant truck dumps bubble gum in my front yard. Yeah, that would be great.

As I mentioned on the previous post I was the Officiant at my sisters wedding, which went really well. I thought I would be more nervous than the wedding couple but they were way more nervous than I was. Once I was up there it was no problem. Leading up to the ceremony I was debating if I should wear a hat while I marry them. I still feel weird having a shaved head and I feel like I look sick when I am not wearing a hat. I guess my nervousness was more of I didn’t want people to look at me as a sickly person. For many of the guests at the wedding that was the first time they seen me since I was diagnosed so it was kind of hard for me. I chose not to wear the hat but I did bring a hat for after the ceremony. If I didn’t have cancer I would not have worn a hat and I didn’t want the cancer to be the reason for me wearing that hat. While marrying my sister I wanted to feel like myself as much as possible. Even though I did bring my hat for after the ceremony I did not put it on the whole night.

8 comments:

  1. Jason you did great marrying your sister i got so many complements on you and they said you looked great and so handsome and everything is going to have a great outcome i wish i could only make you feel better after your treatments but that's one thing i can't do and its hurts me every time but were almost done with them in December and I'll still always be there for you always so hang in there son I love you up the the sky. Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Jason you just might have that dump truck of bubble gum waiting in your front yard i always loved your sense of humor through all what you have gone through keep it up it makes my day.......love mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hats off to you Jason! You did great at hitching that lovely couple; and Lorraine looked absolutely beautiful. It is great to know that such a wonderful couple like you & Lorraine have such a solid stake in the marriage of my Son & his lovely Bride. Good Thoughts are with you today!

    Love & Blessings
    Diane
    Proud Mother-In_Law

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our prayers are with your brother. I hope you get a land fill full of gum. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Son, You did great and you and Lorraine did a awesome job for Melissa & Kenny. Stay stronge for yourself for your wife and for everyone who loves you...........Love your Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. anonymous said>>>> Grandson: we think and know you are an awesome grandson. OUR PRAYERS are with you .WELOVE you and deep in our hearts we know you are going to be all right and you will be chewing bubble gum all day soon. we thank God He has given you strength and also Lorraine. She is a wonderful wife who stands by you no matter what love you much, grandpa joe and grandma lupe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jason:

    Its nice to know what you are feeling, or what is going on with you, since i have known you, alot of what you feel is not mentioned, yet in your blog you say alot. I like so many others wish i could take this away from you. so many times in praying for you, i ask that this would go away and you are healed today! and like others can't wait for this to be over. by the way you were great at your sisters wedding, and look great. with love Randy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jay thank you for making our day so great! you did a great job! I love you! xoxox

    ReplyDelete