Monday, September 28, 2009

Chemo #7 – Round 7

These Chemo treatments are all the same now. Seemed that this last one went faster than usual but I felt really bad when I came home. I just wanted to lie down and sleep. It was hard to eat anything but I managed to force it down. The Chemo symptoms lingered for about six days. I had to leave work early on Tuesday because my body was achy all over and I was getting a headache. I went home and past out for about six hours but since then I felt much better. This last weekend I did manage to go out for a few hours to meet up with some friends that we haven’t seen for a while. It was good to get out of the house.

I am skipping this week’s treatment because I will be marrying my sister Melissa and Kenny this weekend and I wanted to feel as good as possible. Yes, I became ordained as a Deputy Marriage Commissioner for the day to marry my sister. They had asked me to be the one to marry them about a year ago before I was diagnosed. When I did become sick I kind of had second thoughts, thinking I will be in bad shape for the wedding. I am glad I kept with it and decided to do it because when is the next time I’ll be marrying anyone. As I’m writing this I do feel pretty good and I imagine by this weekend I will feel even better for the wedding.

My next treatment will be on October 6th. After this treatment i will do another PET Scan of my whole body to see where the cancer is at.

7 comments:

  1. Jason you are going to be great this weekend your sister just loves that its you that is marrying her and Kenny . Love you MOM P.S. Don't forget to save me the dance..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey buddy! So glad to hear you're doing so well even after the effects from the chemo. A big congrats to your sister and Kenny. You were ordained to marry them? That's pretty awesome in my book!

    Keep on keepin on Gil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Melissa and Kenny! Gil, Alex says you sound in good spirits! That's awesome!! My family sends their best to you and Lorraine :)

    Brenda B

    ReplyDelete
  4. It means so much to me to have you up there with me and Kenny. there isn't a better person for the job. Thank you! I love you so much! Remember we are always here for you and Lorraine!
    P.S
    try not to make me laugh when we are up there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jason, We are so happy to hear that you are in such high spirits throughout this tough time in your life. You and Lorraine are in our prayers. If you and Lorraine ever need anything, please let us know. We will be more than happy to help. We love you both. Love Joseph, Lorena, Alexis, Joseph Jr, Jake and Willie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your words lift the soul that may be low. A spirit that is strong brings comfort to those around you. A spirit that is strong can conquer all.....Keep your head up high Jason, for you are blessed with a wonderful spirit and those that are here to support you when you need it. God Bless, Shammy

    ReplyDelete