Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Chemo #5 – Round 5

Almost half way down the road...

This time around was pretty uneventful. Sat down on the chair and they plugged me in. I have been seeing different faces every time I go now. Some are the same but most are different. Not sure if they are new faces or they just happen to come on that day. But you can usually always tell which ones is there first time by the worried and confused look they have. This last time around it felt more like an old folks home and I felt like an old man dosing in and out of sleep. The weekend after the treatment didn’t feel any worse than the last time and again it still lingers as the days go by. Sometimes I been having trouble sleeping which they said might happen. Every Doctors visit they weigh me and do a checkup. This week I finally gained three pounds. Which is a good thing because I don’t want to lose any weight while going through this. I would rather be plump. My goals through these treatments are to not lose any weight and to not become sick such as a cold or flu. The Chemo will weaken my immune system so it will make me more vulnerable to viruses. So, if you feel sick please stay away from me. I don’t want it!

This last week I have been playing more music when I get home from work trying to keep my mind from wondering. I've been playing the records that I forgot I had and that have been lost in the shuffle. There's Something about old scratchy records I’m expecting them to help a feller out.

10 comments:

  1. Jason there not a moment in the day i'm not thinking of you and how your feeling i wish there were something i could do for you to make it all go away but i will still pray for you everyday but i dont' worry to much cause you have Lorranine i know she takes good care of you but im always here for you too when you need me. I Love you sooooo Much. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell ya records will help:D there is nothing better then the sound of an old record going round playing something that can go through your mind and just make things feel smoother and brighter:) pick some good ones and enjoy!

    Big Brother & the Holding Company has been my pick lately...Janis's voice just melts me!
    and for somehting more up beat, The Beatles;)

    *Christie*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing great!! Thinking of ya! Keep that weight, in fact, I'll give you some of mine! :^P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I'm with mini_jen on the weight thing...you can have some of mine too! :) You are right on with the music my man....Music soothes the Soul! Anything Motown is bound to be a good choice. Our prayers are always with you and Lorraine to carry you through and know that you have so much support whenever you need it! Sorry the Dodgers lost yesterday, they WILL come back today! Hey at least they're ranked 1st in the NL West so far. Hang in there! GO Dodgers! Shammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jason, just a note to tell you I'm always thinking and praying for you. Wish I was closer to cook one of my spagetti dinners for you,with corn of couse.Next time I'm down hope see you and listen to those old records, I love them too. Just remember the love you and Lorraine have will carry you both through anything. Love Auntie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you want me to come over so we can have a dance off? :)I promise I will let you dance too! :)And I won't change the song. I love You! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jason and Lorraine,

    You're in my thoughts and prayers. You two are an amazing couple. God knew what he was doing when he put the both of you together. You need each other's strength and, of course, our Lord's. Happy belated Anniversary! Four years has gone by fast. I still remember your beautiful wedding. You two made the perfect couple and still do. Daniel was only 4 years old then. I just want you to know, I am praying for you and wishing the very best for the both of you. You deserve it! Take care and God bless you always.

    Love, Venus Williams

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jason, We've been following your blog and just now figured out how to leave a comment... !We're old! (well, Uncle Roy is) .. Anyway,you have been in our hearts and prayers throughout your whole ordeal. You are so blessed to have a wonderful wife like Lorraine. You have the right idea about trying to help her.. The Bible says men are supposed to make coffee or tea for their wives..just turn to He Brews!!! HA HA HA!!!! We Love you both so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. That last post was from us....duh...This modern technology confuses us!!! Roy just figured out how to text!!!
    Love you,
    Uncle Roy and Denise
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jason: I like you turn to music sometimes trying to figure out what was going through someone elses mind or just enjoying the music, try picking up the guitar and play the song you like or pick up that harmonica and put what you are feeling into that instrument. I can't help think about how much time has gone by these last 5 treatments now going on 6. I love you alot hang in there. Randy

    ReplyDelete