Monday, August 10, 2009

Chemo #4 – Round 4

This Chemo thing is starting to be routine now. I guess that’s a good thing. When I was in the chair at the doctor’s office there was a lady next to me that was her first time. She had that worried look like I probably had when I first sat in the chair. She started talking to me and asking questions on what to expect. Like when did I start losing my hair and how bad do I feel. As I started talking to her about my experience I realized that I was in her shoes just four treatments ago. It was weird explaining this stuff to her like I was a veteran. It kind of scared me because this is something I don’t want to get used to. It is weird the days leading up to Chemo because you know what is going to come. I already know how I’m going to feel the weekend after the Chemo. No matter how I prepare myself Chemo is going to happen. This past weekend after the Chemo I slept all four days. It feels like the Chemo symptoms are staying with me longer and they are more intense. They say the worse you feel then you know it is working. The worst I felt was on Saturday and Sunday. You would think you will feel worse on the first and second day but I guess the Chemo needs time to go through your body. After Sunday the symptoms become better as the days go by but they still linger.

Being that it’s the summer and you hear that people are going to the beach and doing fun summer things it’s hard to know that this summer is a bummer for us. Sometimes I think I’ll be just fine if we go ride bikes or go swimming. But then thinking about it I realize I don’t even want to deal with it. Its like I already know how I’m going to feel once I’m outside in the hot sun. I do wish it were December. Please santa come early!! Soon enough I guess.

4 comments:

  1. JASON YOU STILL BY BRAVE SON YOU ALWAYS BEEN AND LISTENING TO YOU TALKING TO THAT LADY NEXT TO YOU AT YOUR LAST TREATMENT ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCES MADE ME FEEL GOOD KNOWING THAT YOUR GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING AND YOU COULD STILL HELP HER GET THROUGH HER FIRST TREATMENT I KNOW IT HELP HER KEEP IT UP...... YOUR THE BEST I LOVE YOU MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI brother! Don't worry there will be plenty of summers to come and the beach will still be there I know this summer sucks for you but we will make up for lost time next summer. I love you and you are so brave! xoxo melissa ruby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jason, I went running up Mills yesterday and when i got to the TOP I said a little prayer for you. All I have to do is think about what is you are going through and it make me want to go faster and be stronger for you because my little temporary pain is nothing to what you must feel, hang in there. We are here for you any day any time.REMEMBER THAT! Love you Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jason & Lorraine Just wanted to let you know lots of people still praying and you both are always in my thoughts. I'm wearing my Dodger Blue Band... Happy Anniv Belated! Keep up the Faith...God is Able!

    Love Diane
    Kenny & Ruby's MIL

    ReplyDelete