Wednesday, March 2, 2016

What If We Can Go

We made it to six years cancer free! I had some recent checkups last month and everything came out good. The PET scan always detects a small mass in the middle of my chest. It’s been there since I started Chemo but it has not grown or moved. My Oncologist says its scar tissue from the Bleomycin drug that they gave me during Chemo. You try and not to freak out at stuff like that but it’s hard. I will continue to go once a year for checkups. I will continue to be active, eat healthy and try not to freak out!

These past few years my wife and I have been talking about moving from our house and living in a cleaner environment. We talk about growing real food and living off the land as much as possible. It became a dream of ours to live on land and to live simply without debt. We would go back and forth coming up with different reasons NOT to do something like this. One of those big reasons was the fear of my cancer coming back. I do not want to live fearful.  I can stay comfortable in my current situation and always think what if. I did not want to say to myself in 10-20-30 years what if we HAD followed our dreams? I do not want the “what if” I get cancer again be the reason we didn’t do something like this. I do not want to be waiting around to see if cancer will return. I do not want to wait and think about “what if”. But what if my cancer does not come back? What if the reason that I was diagnosed with cancer was to wake us up! What if we as a family can make a dream and a different way of thinking actually work! What if we can go!

So we are following our dreams and moving across the United States to live simply, growing real food and living debt free.


Our family blog
http://sewtheland.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment